OT: Something to think about as Americans

Given the recent violence in Arizona which led to the senseless killing of
six people and the horrific wounding of 13 others, it is being widely
discussed that we as a nation have lost our sense of civilitythat we have
come to allow ourselves to act and speak in ways that dehumanizes,
demonizes, and disrespects those persons that we do not agree with,
personally, professionally, or politically.

The Catholic peace and justice organization, PAX Christi has suggested that
the following prayer might offer us as individuals and as a nation a moment
to pause and reconsider if this is the path we really want to follow or if
we want to come to our senses and realize that we are made by our Creator
to be better than this:

PRAY: For Greatness of Heart

Keep us, O God, from all pettiness;
let us be large in thought, in word, in deed.
Let us be done with fault-finding
and leave off all self-seeking.
May we put away all pretense
and meet each other face-to-face,
without self-pity and without prejudice.
May we never be hasty in judgment,
and always be generous.
Let us always take time for all things,
and make us grow calm, serene, and gentle.
Teach us to put into action our better impulses,
to be straightforward and unafraid.
Grant that we may realize
that it is the little things of life that create differences,
that in the big things of life, we are as one.
And, O God, let us not forget to be kind!

~ Queen Mary Stuart

Blessings to each and every one of you through the love and peace
of our Lord, Jesus Christ; grant that this prayer find a response in
each of our hearts and be revealed in our future actions through the
grace and gifts of the Holy Spirit. ~Melody