Happy new year!
  • Subject: Happy new year!
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 412 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 15:22:13 -0800

Hi all, happy new year! Hope your holidays were good. I came down with a
bad cold right after Christmas so none of the things I planned on doing
got done.  But the weather was pretty unpleasant too so I probably
wouldn't have done anything outside anyway.  I knew it was bad when I
looked forward to going back to work, because it would mean I wasn't
The usual pile of seed catalogs showed up though, so I had something to
do when I wasn't asleep.  I notice the big thing in the veggie catalogs
this year is grafted tomato plants.  Getting kind of expensive if you
ask me, but I guess not everyone wants to start 20 tomato plants from
seed.  I have most of mine planned out the only question is will I have
enough time to deal with it. Last year the corn came ripe when we were
away, by the time I picked it, it was pretty tough. This year I thought
I'd try the sh2 varieties that are supposed to hold longer.  And maybe
mark on the calendar when I think it'll be ready.
I did get to spend quite a few hours in the greenhouse while it was
sunny, I turned the thermostat up a little so the fan doesn't come on
till it's about 85 in there. Very nice. It has been getting pretty cold
at night though so I may have to run the heater. I notice the croton and
the coleus are suffering, and there's even one of the pelargoniums
looking a bit unhappy.
I got an email from a guy who wants to interview me about my website for
his radio program. I guess it's internet radio. Has anyone listened to
his program? It's "In the Garden with Ron Wilson".  I'm going to
download a podcast tonight and see what it's like, think he wants to
talk to me next Saturday.