Re: Hosta seedlings

Cathy, the one seedling I've had turn up variegated showed this at
seedling stage.  Also, the blue leaf forms will start out with a
definite bluish cast as seedlings if they're going to have the trait
as adult plants.

If it's green as a seedling I think it will stay green.  That's not
to say that some of those won't be interesting.  I've had some show
up with very nice, thick roundish corrugated leaves - definitely
keepers.  Now, that trait didn't show up the first year, really, as I
recall.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade