RE: New plant/ Shrimp plant

Well, maybe I will put it in the ground and try my luck then!  It was only
$4- so it wouldn't kill me I guess.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of TeichFlora@aol.com
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 11:07 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] New plant/ Shrimp plant

Theresa, what type of shrimp is it??  If it is the red one, it should
overwinter quite well in a protected area.  They are grown here in the
ground.  They
sometimes get frost bit a bit, and during a harsh winter freeze to the
but always come back.

I've kept my yellow, variegated, pinecones, and other varieties in
pots.....but they have overwintered quite well by covering, or in harsher
the garage.  So I don't think that being in zone 8/9 that you should have
much difficulty.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast