Re: interesting visitor

In a message dated 07/13/2003 11:39:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mtalt@hort.net writes:

> You need to watch any pet doors
> if you have raccoons around - they learn how to use them, too.

We have a very elaborate system to protect our garbage cans from raids by
raccoons, but a few years ago when we were on a trip, the house-sitter didn't
quite understand and left some unemptied trash on the screen porch.  A very large
raccoon got in through the one door that opens inward, but for some reason
couldn't figure out how to get out - so he left through the cat door, taking the
whole thing with him around his neck.  He did manage to get if off his head -
we found it in the woods nearby.