Re: [CHAT Monarchs

Oops forgot to reply to this part.  I have not noticed any difference in
Monarchs in this area.  My Asclepias are totally full of caterpillars and I notice
quite a few Monarchs around.  I am having more problems with wasps eating the
caterpillars though.

My passion vines are covered also with caterpillars from the Gulf Coast
Frittilary.  Giant Swallowtails are in abundance in yard, although have not noticed
any large caterpillars at all this year on my citrus unfortunately.  Probably
the wasps.  Odd thing is that I don't notice any increase in wasps over other
years, just that they are taking the caterpillars.

Just as an observation:  Found it odd, that during the height of the
hurricane all the birds were huddled in safety, but the hummingbirds were flying
around more than usual.....or so it seemed.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 7/17/2003 5:35:53 AM Central Standard Time, TeichFlora