Re: japanese beetles vs. June bugs

In a message dated 7/17/2003 11:03:28 AM Central Standard Time,
gardenchat-owner@hort.net writes:

> Wow - they aren't that bad here. But maybe my birds eat them before I
> get home from work. And I'm glad we don't have Japanese beetles. Vicious
> little beasties.

So someone please explain the difference between the two??  So I know from
now on what folks are talking about.
As for the June bugs, Pam, they come out at dark only...and hang around porch
and street lights.  Rarely see any during daylight times.  Since my lights
around the house are automatic, and right next to the door, this is when I get
them tangled in my hair.......most horrible feeling.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast