Re: Beetles and Books

Would like to take this opportunity to recommend 'Insects and Gardens' by Eric Grissell. The author is an entomologist and gardener and his aim is alert us to the critical role that all insects play in the garden. Insects include not just pollinators, or those that prey on plants, but the predators that prey on other insects. He pleas for diversity in the garden: a diversity of habitat, plant, and insect life, and maintains that that diversity will provide its own controls.The book is beautifully bound and printed, and the excellent photographs of our most frequently encountered "bugs" have been expertly rendered by Carll Goodpasture.
Cathy