Lesson learned the hard way

Well, just in case some of you don't already know this....I will warn you so you don't make the same mistake I did. DO NOT use Neem on Zinnias. I was deadheading some 2 days ago and it was almost dark outside..but I thought, "hmmm, grasshoppers are getting bad, I'll mist them with some neem oil to keep them off" and today, they look crispy and brown where the neem was concentrated. The plants will live. They'll just look ugly until they snap out of it. I'm experimenting with all kinds of different zinnias this year (never grew them before) so I was not aware that neem would harm them.

Jesse Rene' Bell
Claremore, OK
Zone 6