From: Donna  [mailto: justme@prairieinet.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 16:43:26 -0500
Subject: [CHAT] how to get rid of a tree?

I would like to get rid of a tree. I have been trying for 4 years,
but<br>it is still there :( Looking for hints and suggestions of
two, tried round up in the spring. Although the leaves died off and<br>I
chopped it back to ground level in the fall.. came back year
three<br><br>Year three, attempted to keep trimmed so no leaf/branch was
on it for<br>more than a few hours, once again chopping it to ground
level in the<br>fall thinking it was dead.... came back year
four<br><br>Year four... gave up, thought if you want to live that bad,
Ailanthus altissima, but might not be.... Since this is<br>the first
year I let it grow, have no idea if gets a fruit or berry or<br>flower
or fall colors or anything.... what you see in the photo's is all<br>I
know...<br><br>Here are a f

am I right on the species? Maybe it is a pecan or smooth sumac? I<br>am
not waiting another year to figure it out...it has to go---How do
I<br>kill it? I noticed one popped up in another area about 40 ft
away...<br>need to get this under control...now! Bad enough I have one

Eliminate pop-ups before they appear!
Visit www.PopSwatter.com now - It's FREE.