Re: bug id

Chris, Andrea, Donna,

I'm just not able to get a better picture, so I drew you one and added it to
the yahoo pics.

The bug in the pictures have been
dead awhile.  It is shown on a q-tip to indicate size.  The photos aren't
really clear, best I could do.   When they're alive
and on the plant, they don't look like this to my eye.  They look more like
a little tan/brown Pac-Man, sort of humped, like a little helmet, and they
carry a tuft of cotton behind them.  They don't leave cotton and the cotton
doesn't multiply, nor does it cover the bug; they just tote it behind them.
So (laugh all you want) I drew a picture to hopefully explain this better.
It follows the 2 photos of the bug in the yahoo Bug ID album.  When
disturbed they scurry to the other
side of the stem.  If you try to pinch them, they jump very quickly away.
I'm pretty sure this is a sucking insect, though I haven't seen any holes.
However, the longer they stay on a lily, the stem at that point turns brown.
I have seen them on 2 lilies and on my Deutzia x 'Montrose' and now on my
variegated dogwood shrub.

http://snipurl.com/77ni

That should work, otherwise go to:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/kmrsy/my_photos