Re: OT: Computers

In a message dated 7/2/04 6:39:29 AM, Chris@widom-assoc.com writes:

<< I started with Fortran 4 or something close to that name while at
college 1969-72.  We had to punch our own cards. Again the computer took
up the whole room and was extremely slow. >>

Chris, that is where I started also.  Deere was a manufacturing leader with
their engineering computer systems.  Fortran was the language as other
languages were not capable of efficiently handling the huge scientific formulas.  What
an advancement when we input to the CRT rather then by cards.