RE: todays events....

So are all of these overwintering in your yard?!?

Didn't realize Fernwood sold plants. Thought it was more of a display
type place. Most times those type places only have a once/twice a year
sale of cuttings.

Sounds like you guys REALLY filled the van :) I didn't get nearly as
many plants, of course I didn't buy flats of stuff either. Are they open
to the public or just groups.

Hoping the weather hold out, planted a few last night. Hear that it will
be in the 90's this weekend when I have time off...yuck!

Donna

> So did we!  7 of us (MG Nursery Group) visited Fernwood and Stonehouse
> today.  One woman bought a couple of plants at Fernwood, but they
really
> didn't have much. The one I liked was Iliamna rivularis, Mountain
> Hollyhock,
> which they told us had been propagated by Russell Stafford.  They gave
us
> nice tour and it's beautiful place, but Stonehouse is where we laid
out
> the
> big bucks:
>
> 16 Heuchera sanguinea 'Snow Angel', Coral Bells
> 16 Hydrangea paniculat 'Pink Diamond'
> 22 Eupatorium rugosum 'Chocolate', White Snakeroot
> 32 Forsythia koreana 'Kumson', Korean Golden Bells
> 32 Itea virginica 'Henry's Garnet', Virginia Sweetspire
> 32 Phlox paniculata 'Franz Schubert'
> 32 Sambucus racemosa 'Sutherland Gold', European Red Elderberry
> 32 Schizophragma hydrangeoides 'Moonlight', Japanese Hydrangea Vine
> 32 Stokesia laevis 'Mary Gregory', White Stoke's Aster
> 32 Tradescantia 'Sweet Kate', Spiderwort
> 32 Vitex negundo var. heterophylla, Cutleaf Chaste Tree
> 32 Weigela florida 'Argenteo-marginata Variegata'
>
> Those listed above are all 2.5 inch or 3.5 inch pots and will be grown
on
> for resale.  We were also able to get 16 gallon items for ourselves:
>
> Abelia mosanensis, Fragrant Abelia
> Astilbe chinensis 'Visions', Chinese Astilbe
> Caryopteris 'First Choice', Bluebeard
> Caryopteris 'Snow Fairy', Bluebeard
> Heleborus orientalis, Lenten Rose
> Leptodermis oblonga, Star Flower
> Phlox pan. 'Blue Paradise'
> Salvia lyrata 'Purple Knock-Out', Lyre Leaf Sage
> Stachys monieri 'Hummelo', Betony
>
> There was so much more there we would have liked to have had but many
> items
> we saw were already spoken for so we had to keep checking the
availability
> list and then deep sighs when we saw this or that prized item wasn't
for
> sale.  We also wanted to pick up a flat of Weigela 'Midnight Wine'
that
> we'd
> ordered last November, but they couldn't release it because they
didn't
> have
> the tags for it.  Something about Proven Winners having bought out
Color