Wow..I've never heard of that either...I've heard that Rosemary and
Lavender essential oils, mixed in with some Witch Hazel as a spray will
help...but not vanilla. I'm gonna have to try that one. Thanks.

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
I think I suggested this a year or so ago and recieved a very negative
response, but
here goes again. A teaspoon of pure vanilla extract in half a cup of water
used as a
spray will repel mosquitoes. Or more simply, I just dab myself with the
straight stuff
around my eyes, ears, back of the neck, etc. Since I usually wear long
sleeves - I
sunburn so badly if I don't - I don't have to worry about arms etc. It does
work, and
the smell is pleasant. I am so allergic to most anything that comes in a
bottle or tube -
can't use most cosmetics at all - that I'm always looking for natural