Re: Jim's new picture links

I'll get you one when I get Cathey's, Ceres. But no idea what the variety is. Lady had a greenhouse full of them, however. It struck me that they were some kind of specialty for her. Nice person; funky nursery.

As near as I can tell--and I stand to be corrected by anyone brave enough to take on these two very confused [in my opinion] genuses--alocacia has rhizome roots; colocasia [taro, in essence] has tuberous roots. I think, when you look at them, it's a lot like the difference between datura and brugmansia. Alocacia [like datura] tend to look up; colocasia [like brugmansia] tend to look down.

Man, is that scientific or what?