Re: Jim's new picture links

Not sure sterile is a requirement unless you are trying tissue culture. Maybe not even then. Most plants have been around a lot longer than people have--and have been subjected to all sorts of pathogens, most of which they have adopted mechanisms to deal with.

It's also not likely that cuttings would introduce soil-borne pests [nematodes, for instance] into the medium.

The real danger in my boxes, I think, are fungi--damp off and that ilk, which is why I use RooTone.