Re: Re: enough rocks...

I know the "real thing" is preferable..but I'm starting a new garden
that is round and I bought one of those "Poetry Stone" kits. You make
bricks or free-form rocks and they include letters to push into the
cement so you can have words on your "rocks". I don't use the regular
concrete, instead I use a vinyl patch concrete which is stronger and
tends to last longer. Anyway...after I figured out how the consistancy
of the concrete should be I made 4-5 stones. They're really kind of
cool. You can mix man-made stones and stones with words on them. And
there are different kinds of cement dyes so the "stones" are all
different colors. So...if you didn't have enough rocks...you can mix and
match if need be.

Donna <justme@prairieinet.net> wrote:
Don't really find them here much anymore either.

When we moved in here, before the pond got dug, I watched the local
papers. If it was free for the hauling, you know I was there. First
winter here yard had many piles of rocks everywhere. DH kept telling me
I had 'more than enough'... then we dug the pond and he hauled another
28 tons here. So much for 'enough' LOL!

Donna
who could still use another few tons;(