Re: Philosophical? gardening question

When I was a paperboy, the Los Angeles Daily News had a humor columnist named Matt Winestock. Maybe it was Weinstock. Anyway, he was LA's answer to San Francisco's Herb Caen, only not quite as witty.

One of Winestonck's on-going themes was the "law of the perversity of inanimate matter"--why toast always falls butter-side down, and such.

I'm educated enough to know that plants are not "inanimate matter" but experienced enough to suspect they follow the same law--as do a majority of my ex-wives, children, and in-laws.

Thank you for your time in listening to this.