Re: plants... labeling

Hrumff. No such thing as too much information. How about an abstract for the non-readers and other inpatient persons? I begin to itch when the label says "Bougainvillea sp" unless I know beforehand that it's mom & pop nursery that has no clue about scientific nomenclature and I may find some great specimens of plants I recognize.

On Friday, July 16, 2004, at 01:13 PM, Donna wrote:

Agree Kitty.... maybe Chris Lindsey is paying attention and could add something like this at hort.net....(probably not:( )

I also like the USDAplant site too. Not all plants have the addtional
sheets of info, but those that do are a great indepth information area.
Of course, no one needs that much info all the time.

Donna

----- Original Message -----
From: Kitty
Sent: 7/16/2004 11:10:43 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: Re: [CHAT] plants... the last of them for this year....

I just printed one and it does take a full page. But this would be a nice

way to make a booklet of info on plants specific to a garden. The sheets

could be comb-bound. One thing I'd like, though, would to be able to add

info to it. However, since it prints in the middle of the page, there's a

good 2 inch margin one could either write notes in or type into and run

through the printer a second time. I also might have liked each plant tag

to be a graphic so you could copy and resize it. But well, it is their

copyrighted material.

They make sure you get Armitage or Dirr's picture everytime, even if they

don't give you one of the plant ;+(

For more detailed info on many plants I like MOBOT. These almost always

print on a single page. Easy to give with a plant or to make a notebook.

Kitty