Re: PDF files was: AGM awards

Could be, Kitty.  I've always assumed it was because they didn't have
to have someone convert the doc. to HTML and could maintain the
format of the document as it originally was.  I hate .pdf files -
agree, Jim; royal pain in the derrihre and I'm finding more and more
of them online - defeats the purpose of the web IMO.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> preferred, I suppose, because they are more protected against
hackers (I
> would guess)  Also protecting their copyrighted work.  You can
print pages,
> but not pull parts from them to easily insert in your own work -
which is
> exactly what I like to do.  Also for easy access by people using
various
> platforms.
>
> I have compiled an 80+ page book for sale at our MG plant sales.
Books are