Re: Slugger pic

In a message dated 7/21/2004 2:08:01 PM Central Standard Time,
cathyc@rnet.com writes:

Is Sugar  by any chance a tortoiseshell? I understand they don't like
being  held, and my two definitely don't!

Both Hecate and Thelma are torties.  Thelma likes to cuddle during the  day,
but Hecate only loves me when I go to bed.  She will snuggle up next  to me
and give me "nose touch" kisses.  In the winter she sleeps under the  covers
next to me.  I got Hecate before her eyes were open and bottle fed  her for about
three weeks.  (She still sucks her thumb.) The downside of  her thinking I am
her mama is that I never know when she will stick her claws in  me and bite
-- hard.  I guess she thinks I'm a cat, too.  Thelma came  after her eyes were
open, but I still had to give her a bottle for about a  week.

zem