Re: Doctor visit

Well, Kitty, FWIW, I've been going to my chiropractor every 2 weeks
for over 20 years; he keeps the old bod going.    Without him, I'd be
a pretzel.  Before I started going to him, I spent a lot of time on
the floor in substantial discomfort with a back that turned me into a
'C' shape.  Of course, I've got the best chiropractor on the planet;
he's fantastic - they all are not.  But, point is, everything is
connected in the old bod and unless you have something like a
herniated disk or similar, a good chiropractor putting things back
where they belong plus the exercises they should give you, will make
a lot of difference.  Muscle tension can twist your spine - I know
this; happens to me.

Massage is also good if you can find a good person to do it; in fact
my back quack has a masseuse in his office; unfortunately, I can't
swing the extra $$ for it, but I sure wish I could!  Massage is, IMO,
the absolute height of luxury; my idea of heaven.

Depending on what's causing your problem, moist heat is also a good
thing.  I use a warm wet washcloth on a heating pad.  Key is to do it
for 20 minutes and no longer and if your muscles are really tight,
repeat this every hour (which gets really tedious) and you will be
amazed how much it helps.  Has to be moist heat, tho'...not dry heat.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
>
> Thank you all for your concern.  I guess I'm just sort of from the
same
> school John is.  Tough it out. I do not like the idea of forever
medication.
> I've been on Naproxen, though, since about October and the
Chiropractor
> said, not now, but down the line, it would be good to get off of
it. I think
> an occasional trip when I can afford it to the chiropractor would
be my best
> course of action, as well as working on the stretching every night.
 Really,