Miller's Tale

Just gave my stand up comic rendition of "The Miller's Tale"--an animated and spirited retelling--to a room full of local upstanding citizens. They cheered, wept, and vowed to go back to watching Jeopardy

I've never been cheered before.

More than one asked who Chaucer was. I replied [sotto voce]--"Far from Shakespeare being the beginning of English literature, Chaucer was the end of it.

Island Jim Southwest Florida 27.0 N, 82.4 Zone 10a Minimum 30 F [-1 C]