Re: plant id Aloe?

Chris@widom-assoc.com wrote:
I have lots of news to tell, but am too tired to write anything
coherent! I was just quickly going through the mail and saw a plant I
recognized. I think it was Jim's picture. The one that looks like an
aloe is Bulbine frutescens, possibly 'Hallmark'. I have been growing
this plant for a few years. I overwinter it indoors. It multiplies and
can be easily divided. I didn't find any great photos of it, but here's
a link: http://www.desert-tropicals.com/Plants/Liliaceae/Bulbine_frutescens.html

Long Island, NY
Zone 7
Looked like a bulbous plant when I saw the inflorescence. If
anyone's interested, I have a bees-eye shot of a Bulbine bulbosa
flower, bright yellow, with odd, feathery anther caps.
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7