Re: Airways have been so quiet

> From: EvaTEsq@aol.com
> I know how you feel Auralie.  I pull one weed and by next weekend,
5 weeds
> have popped up in its place.  ::: sigh :::

Know what you mean; I had the garden clean as a whistle about a month
ago...now...well, I'm just averting my eyes as I am trying to build
some new garden areas and can either do maintenance or build.  We've
had quite a bit of rain and the weeds are in hog heaven about it.

I pull stuff in my path, but where I'm not going is fast getting
overgrown and I really, really need to mow what passes for our lawn,
but it's been too wet (good excuse, no?).....

Seem to spend inordinate amount of time picking up dead tree branch
tips, courtesy of the cicadas...every day a new load and when the
wind blows, it looks like fall - all the dead leaves come tumbling
down.  I've "mowed" the drive 3 times already to pick up

Enough grumbling...aside from maintenance issues, the old garden
isn't looking too bad this year - no hail; most stuff is standing and
growing and not rotting; some plants are even blooming - my surprise
lilies surprised me the other day by appearing as if by magic - do
love those plants:-)  Deer haven't broken in for several months
(knock on wood); no trees have fallen on the deer fence (knock on
wood again)...I've gotten one new garden more or less done - at least
what will get done this year as it was not on my list of things to do
this year - and am making slow progress down in the woodland garden
building new beds, paths, grading, etc.  So, life in the garden is
pretty good:-)  Just wish I could be out there all day instead of
just evenings and weekends.....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis