From: Joel Haas

Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 7:57 PM
Subject: Re Art in Garden talk

I appreciate your attention and kind words today at the talk this morning at
Plant Delights.  Anybody who would like me to burn and mail a CD of all the
handouts, photos, and a dozen or so web links, send me a check for $5 and I'll
put one in the mail to you.

I repeat my invitation to you all to visit our garden here and to take the
Neighborhood Sculpture Walk (see www.sculpturewalk.org  )

In the next few days, I'll set up an Art in the Garden Blog and send you all
links and invitations to it.  It may well be set up to allow everybody on this
list to post their thoughts, comments and pictures to blog on garden art.

Below are some links to pictures of recent work and some of the other stuff I
do.  Let me know if you have problems with the links.  This is the standard
form letter I send out to people who are on my "new works" e-mailing list.

Rather than send around pictures attached to emails and jam up in-boxes, I
have posted pictures of new sculpture to a "web log" or "blog" as they're now

This should be easier on everybody in sharing new pictures.  You can comment
on each picture on the Blog itself OR write back to me at this address.

If you enjoy the pictures, please forward this on to friends who might also
like them--it is now a lot easier than forwarding whole pictures directly.

Stories at http://joelhaasstories.blogspot.com

The national magazine EPISCOPAL LIFE ran a two page color spread on my
sculptures of angels and crucifixes--
http://www.episcopal-life.org/26728_40990_ENG_HTM.htm      The Episcopal
Visual Artists site posted several items on me--one on the Angel of Hands
casting I did for a hospital cancer center and another essay on a steel
crucifix I made.  The articles are at
http://www.ecva.org/exhibition/surprise/pages/haas.html  and at

The site for the Neighborhood Sculpture Walk remains www.sculpturewalk.org
Not only can you download a walking guide and pictures of the various
dinosaurs, witches, rockets, and creatures I have set out in the neighborhood,
you can download directions on how to get here as well.  You are invited to
come up our driveway and into the back garden to see both my wife Joy's,
spectacular garden and much more sculpture as well.

46 flower pictures I've taken in Joy's back garden and  posted in an on line
album at Epson, suitable size for wallpaper/background.  Click on the
thumbnails to see a larger version AND THEN: click on the picture again to see
the full size version.  Then you can just right click the picture (in Windows,
anyway) and set as your wallpaper.
Let me know how well this works.

As always, if you believe your name has come to be on my distribution list in
error or you not longer wish to get the notices of new work, email me and I
shall cheerfully remove your name.

All of my contact information is below, including the old website and some
other pictures recently posted on a commercial site for artist (which I won't
be using after this year since web logs are free!)

Joel Haas, sculptor
3215 Merriman Ave
Raleigh, NC 27607
919-828-8836 studio