Re: Raccoons

We had a pest control guy trap one that was making a mess of our yard. Havahart trap. He relocated the critter to the boondocks.

On Jul 1, 2005, at 6:52 AM, Pam Evans wrote:

Trouble is coons can climb.  They're downright resourceful about
getting to food.  Don't suppose a friend has a dog you can borrow for
a week or so?

Cathy - could you try some temporary fencing, chickenwire?
Kitty
neIN, Z5
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cathy Carpenter" <cathy.c@insightbb.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 9:00 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Raccoons

Anybody have ideas as to what will discourage raccoons from digging
in the swamp? I find uprooted plants every morning and have to put
them back in the ground, but I'm sure there is a limit to how much
disturbance they will tolerate. Then there is the aggravation of
having to repair the mulch. These varmints are worse than the deer in
that they don't seem deterred by repellants. Help!!!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX