To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 7:41 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] a few tips for coping w/ heat from East Texas

Hmmm-  yesterday was the first day we hit 100.  Funny- now Sacramento is
a cool spot to live??

Theresa

Donna wrote:

SAY WHAT! We have been in that 100 degree crap for
weeks now! Actually today it is supposed to be cold,
only 79 for a high... I can't wait!:)

I have a craft made thing for my neck- has something
inbetween the material, swells up when you put in
water (read ice water). Keeps you cool for a time...
then back in the ice water for 10 minutes and you are
ready to go again... It does work!

Donna

--- Lynda Young <lyoung@grindertaber.com> wrote:

101 here yesterday, Pam - it's getting brutal. Add
in the humidity
factor and we're talking about feels like 110. You'd
feel right at home
here.  And, Rich, we really would appreciate some
rain.  Would even
settle for it over the holiday weekend!

Lynda
Zone 7 - West TN