Did manage to get out of the house for a bit this morning. I slathered
myself with sunscreen before I left. Went to this new, cute kitchen shop
with a friend who loves to cook. Very neat stuff, very expensive, but
something new to look at. Went to The Garden Gate nursery as my friend
needed some clay orchid pots and they have a new fabulous misting
system. There are fans all over the nursery hooked up to hoses that blow
mist all over. Felt fabulous. They are the new "dealer" in town so I'm
thinking of seeing about having my porch done. Kind of scared to see how
much it costs. They also had a Huge portable fan/mister. Can't recall
who the manufacturer is but if anyone is interested I'll find out.

Picked up 2 Duranta. A 'Sapphire Showers' and the variegated 'Alba'. I'm
going to plant them with my "regular" Duranta as it loves that spot and
I think the combo will look really good together. But, I'll be waiting
til the sun goes down for that.

Supposed to go to a party at 3:00, but I just can't seem to muster the
energy. Not a group of people I love to be with really, and it's hot as
Hades, so I can't imagine sitting around with a bunch of people I don't
really like all that much, in this heat. Can you say torture?

Stormed like crazy about 1:00 am this morning. I had three dogs sitting
on my head. I finally struggled into a sitting position so I could reach
all three and waited it out til they calmed down. I haven't heard
thunder like that in a while. It was bad. We all zonked after that, but
we may have to go take a nap. I'd rather do that than go to the party.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC