Re: My garden

Yeah. Nice garden. I like those views of the deck; it looks cool to me.

On Jul 3, 2005, at 11:19 AM, Kitty wrote:

Chris, great photos. What I really love about your plantings is that, even
though you have some very special, new on the market plants that can stand
out, everything combined looks natural and very "at ease", not contrived.
Well, pots on the steps have to be contrived - they don't get there on their
own - but the general feeling is very comfortable.

Re Heucheras - mine tend to get sparse rather than fill out as the years
progress. What am I doing wrong?

Kitty
neIN, Z5
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 12:47 AM
Subject: [CHAT] My garden

OK, not much to look at, but I put some pictures of my yard up:

http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/yard/

There's really not much focus on the beds and you can tell the photos are
kind of impromptu (notice the garden house right through the middle of it
all?), but now Donna can stop bothering me. :)

The eggplant is growing in a pot and should be readyy for harvest; it's
about 1.5 inches long now.

The berry is a blackberry which it looks like I'll miss most of because
of the holiday. Hopefully the birds will like them!

The sedge is Carex elata 'Aurea' with Impatiens planted in front. Behind
it are Amethyst Mist and Green Spice coral bells, to the left is a
Strawberry Swirl coral bell, a Xanthorrhiza, a Crimson Star columbine, a
Tojen toadlily, and a Ghost fern all the way in the back. In the very
front there's some Cerastium tomentosum. It doesn't flower there because
of the shade and moisture, but the leaves are a nice foil.

The deck shots are taken from the farthest corner my yard. You'll notice
that I don't have much grass -- I pretty much killed it when I built the
deck and put in the irrigation system. I'm putting in a new patio this
year to connect the deck with the side of the house and will probably sod
what little space is left for grass then.

The pots were shot a few weeks ago and have grown a lot since.

Be nice!

Chris

P.S. And of course, you can see my deck-building process at
http://www.mallorn.com/~lindsey/deck/

http://www.hort.net/sHORTurl/ Shorten your URLs!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/ 3713 online plant photos and growing!
http://www.hort.net/gallery/date/2005-06-28/ The latest additions