Heritage River Birch Pests

Anyone ever had a problem with pests on a River Birch? This is Betula
Nigra 'Heritage.' This year, and last I had major problems with what
something that has wings, is tiny and is a piercing, sucking insect.
Truthfully, they look like aphids with wings to me. I've tried blasting
them, and the tree also has quite a few ladybugs, but they are really a
serious problem. My tree probably has half the leaves it should.

There also seem to be some kind of beetles that look like a vegetable pest, maybe potato or cucumber beetles.

What do I do? The tree was planted at the back of the house in a very
wet area, near where I do my repotting, etc. It's about 15 feet tall
now, and is growing rapidly, but probably not a rapidly as it should. I
planted it to create summer shade which is desperately needed at the

Should I wait until this winter and then get on a ladder and blast it
with hort oil? I've never tried to systemically poison a tree before.

Andrea H
Beaufort, SC