Re: Hib Help? Dave..are you there?

Hi Ceres

That sounds like tip die-off. When you lose your leaves from the top down look at the wood. Is it discolored or spongy? It's a fungus and you need to cut that off low enough until you get green wood. I get that in the winter when we have the majority of the rain and it's cool. For me it's the same fungus as what you might find in a refrigerator...botritis. (sp) The sooner you cut that off and can keep the newly cut ends from staying wet the better off you will be. It can eventually kill off your plant.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hib Help? Dave..are you there?

In a message dated 7/10/05 5:08:09 PM, dfranzma@pacbell.net writes:

<< We'll talk about pruning sometime in the near future as that is

important to making more branches which will give you more flowers. Also,

we need to talk about what to do so that you don't loose your leaves during

the change of seasons. What are you feeding with and how much sun is it

getting? >>

David, I need this infor also. I lost my leaves on my H std this spring
after taking it outdoors and now I have foliage on the trunk and new at the soil
line but none on the top branches. Guess I need to cut the top off?