From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2005 3:47 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Vegetables

To all who grow vegetables, greetings.

My vegetable plants are in various stages of shutting down because of
the heat. Tomatoes [except the wild ones] have quit blooming because
the nights are too warm. Wild ones are still going but will shut down
soon. Jalapeno pepper shows signs of stress from the heat. Cucumber,
which is growing on a trellis in a 30-gallon pot in the shade, is just
beginning to produce [lots]. Eggplant is blooming but does not seem to
be setting fruit--probably a night temperature problem.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10