Re: Emily/auralies point

Yep, I agree with you Auralie. I have been having a similar discussion with someone here. That's why I didn't label the folks who don't buy into the E. Theory. It has nothing to do with whether you believe in God or whether you accept Jesus Christ as your savior. I don't think that belief in a higher form is mutually exclusive to believing in the forces of nature. Yet there are those who can not accept that if you have God then what he created is exactly what we have today. Not sure I understand the inflexability. I would think they would have more adherents if they worked with the facts on the table a little more instead of swimming against the current of modern science.

To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:29 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Emily

In a message dated 07/13/2005 9:47:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
zsanders@midsouth.rr.com writes:
I realize that after I wrote the 40% remark that I had alienated almost
half the group.  Not trying to do that...I hope ya'll know.
It seems to be hard for some people to believe, but there are
devout Christians who are not ignorant, uneducated yahoos.
Just as there are Muslims who are not Taliban.  Unfortunately
we tend to fixate on the characteristic that offends us most and
stigmatize the entire group.