Re: Chris's restaurant and Baby Plants

In a message dated 07/14/2005 6:08:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
islandjim1@verizon.net writes:
Hi Auralie.

Got a name or picture of that miniature caladium? My kind plant.
It's called Candidum Jr. - looks like the big Candidum except more heavily
marked with green veins and edges.  Grows about eight inches.
The wholesaler in Florida where I have ordered caladiums for several
years called this spring to tell me that they didn't have one that I had
ordered - and recommended a substitution.  When I looked at their
website to see what their recommendation looked like, the website
said that they weren't shipping this spring.  Also, the substution was
one that was designated as rare and twice the price of the others.  I
was a bit anxious until the bulbs arrived marked at the same price as
the others.  I had ordered 50 of the Candidum Jr., and there were at
least 75 bulbs in the package.  More than half of them have turned out
to be the large Candidum.  I don't quite know what was going on, but
all of the plants are very good.  I tell you this, because it may be
difficult to find the Candidum Jr. this year.  I do recommend it, though,
for I have grown it for several years.