Re: Pams lightning

Oh Pam, I'm so sorry for your friends & their loss.  They will be  in my
thoughts and prayers.  I hope they were properly (& fully)  insured for both the
value of the contents, inventory & had business  interruption loss coverage
(ie, loss of profits during the period after the  fire until business is resumed).
I have a case where there was a bad fire at a commercial building and one  of
the tenants (not my client) DID NOT fully insure his inventory.  He  claims
it was all worth well over a million dollars, yet he was only  insured for
$250,000 -- and that's all he got for the contents.  He got a  little more from
the insurance company for business interruption loss (he had  that coverage as
Your friends should retain a public adjuster to represent them with the
insurance company.  The public adjuster, for a small percentage of the  amount of
money eventually recovered from the insurance company, will examine  their
business and value it as high as legitimately possible for contents,  inventory
and business interruption loss (if they had that coverage).  If  the insurance
company decides to cover the loss and pay out on the policy, the  insurance
company will lowball them for the value of that.  The public  adjuster would
represent your friends and negotiate with the insurance company  to get the
insurance company to pay as much as possible.
Long  Island, NY
Zone 6/7

Honor our dead.  Demand the  truth. _  http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/_
What is the Downing Street Memo?_
http://democracyforamerica.com/memo_movie.php_ (http://democracyforamerica.com/memo_movie.php) _
www.downingstreetmemo.com_ (http://www.downingstreetmemo.com/)

In a message dated 7/14/2005 7:40:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,