Great trip

I had a wonderful garden trip last week to Rockford, Il.  We visited 10 home
gardens including 1 in Iowa,  several public gardens including the Rotary
garden in Janesville, Wisc and 4 garden centers.  Also saw the newest & youngest T
Rex Dinosaur, Baby Jane, that was recently discovered  by a team from the
Rockford Natl History Museum where it is now on display.  I purchased 3 conifers,
Buckthorn 'Fine Line' & a japanese iris.  What a sight when the luggage
compartment of the bus was opened.  The luggage was laid flat and the plants were
placed on top covering the whole area.  It was so dry in Rockford, more than
home but the temps were comfortable except for Fri.  The temps at home were in
the 90s all week but a storm came thru last night with hi winds & 1 1/2" rain.
This was just in time to save the corn if it was not damaged by the winds.
    Great surprise to come home & find my hoya in bloom for the first time.
My husband did a great job keeping all my containers watered which rqd a 2nd
watering several days.  My beds were extremely dry so the rain was great last
night.  Also had a group come for a garden tour which my husband and a friend
handled for me.
    While touring his garden, a gentleman gardener gave me a pot of several
voodoo lily seedlings.  The foliage is so nice.
    It is catch-up with the garden today.  My off site vegetable garden is
needing weeded.