Re: Good grief...Revised

That's funny, because most of the flowers in our house get here by some adverse act of man or nature. We've got a big pot of heliconias in the sun-room because the wind knocked the bloom spike down. And on the kitchen table is a vase with Mexican petunias in it, the result of some pruning. Nice thing about them, even though the flowers only last a single day, they will keep blooming as long as there are buds on them, then they will root, so can go back into the garden.

On Jul 18, 2005, at 12:33 PM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center wrote:

I lose things to winds too. Nothing as dramatic a Jack and the Pothos
Stalk, but I do have casualties. This is usually the only time I have
flowers in the house. Sometimes a lily that didn't get tied high enough on
the stake to protect it. Or something I accidentally pruned.

Kitty

----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 3:58 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Good grief...Revised

There was a bit of damage, after all. We have a large pothos
[Epipremnum aureum] vine climbing a tall slash pine in the back yard.
The vine is about the thickness of my wrist. There was a part of it
that was 15 or so feet off the ground with several large [2-1/2 foot]
leaves. That part of the vine got snapped off.

Here's a picture of part of what's left.

http://hort.net/+12Pu

Yep, it's the same vine that's sold as a house plant up north. Given a
chance, however, it really grows large.