hot summer night

We finally had some rain -  very heavy for about twenty minutes.  I don't
think it could have been over half an inch , but every little bit helps.  The
temperatures have been somewhat moderate here - 80s instead of 90s
- but the humidity has been at least as high as the temperature.  I can't
figure out why we have such high humidity when there has not been
enough rain.  Thank goodness for air conditioning - which does help
with the humidity.  Our windows have been frosted on the outside
for several days. and we don't keep it that cool - set at 75 degrees
inside. Definitely not my idea of comfortable weather.