Re: Viburnum odo

Thanks for the offer, Donna, but I don't quite know what to do with the ones I've got when they're not curb side.

On Jul 18, 2005, at 8:56 PM, Donna wrote:

Well then, take a week off, rent a trailer to pull behind your truck and
come on up! The weather is hot and muggy, so you will feel at home....

Got tons of barrels looking for homes- metal, plastic, who knows what. They
are yours- come and get em..

Donna

I must have been out in the sun too long this morning because this
afternoon I got out the chainsaw and attacked some very tall Viburnum
odoritissums that are shading out a big section of the back yard. They
haven't been pruned in the last 8 years so you can imagine--medium
sized trees.

Once they are reduced in influence [it will take a couple more trips
with the chainsaw to to really clean up the area], we intend to keep
them as a screen and background for new plants.

One of the controlling factors in this undertaking is the trash pick-up
service--mostly, it has to be in barrels, and we only have four. So, at
a speed of four barrels per week, we'll overhaul the back yard. Could
be worse.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W