Re: Afternoon storm

LOL - Jim, Sugar does that too.  She'll sit on the porch, looking
dejected because she can't get out in the yard.  Then she turns and
looks at me like "mama make it stop".   I explain to her that mama is
not in charge of the weather and she just sighs and stares out at the
rain again.  It's really funny.  I wash I could make it rain, would be
doing it now....

> We're having our afternoon thunderstorm. Two days out of three, we have
> a 3 o'clock thunder storm. And two days out of three, Beans finds me to
> tell me something about it. I'm never sure what's on her mind. But
> whatever it is, she's very insistent about it.
> I've come to believe that, because I'm the alpha male around here, she
> wants me to stop the storm. I've tried to explain to her that it
> doesn't always work that way. Sometimes Nature trumps the Big Ape and
> we just have to accept the fact that Ma is whimsical and often
> irrational.
> But you know how cats are. Beans looks at me like I've lost it, gets up
> on the back of the futon, and goes to sleep.
> Island Jim
> Southwest Florida
> 27.0 N, 82.4 W
> Hardiness Zone 10