Re: I'm exhausted

Iowa is a nice place to live!!!

Hills, IA  zone 5

 --- On Tue 07/12, A A HODGES < hodgesaa@earthlink.net > wrote:
From: A A HODGES [mailto: hodgesaa@earthlink.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 19:51:22 -0400
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I'm exhausted

I'm not running from the snakes Jim. LOL! I'm running from the
military,<br>the pretentiousness of Beaufort, the expense of living on
the coast, the<br>lack of gardening resources here (believe it or not)
and several other<br>things. I prefer to think of it as running to, not
[Original Message]<br>> From: james singer <islandjim1@verizon.net><br>>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>> Date: 7/12/2005 7:10:28 PM<br>> Subject:
Re: [CHAT] I'm exhausted<br>><br>> I don't know anyplace that's
snake-free except the Old Sod, Andrea, so <br>> doubt if running will
help. We have the deadly coral snake here, but <br>> it's shy--I've only
seen one--and water moccasins. Neither of them in <br>> abundance. We
have lots of black snakes, king snakes, and rat snakes, <br>> but not as
many as I would like--not enough to keep the squirrel and <br>> opossum
populations down. We also have Burmese pythons that people have <br>>
wearied of

as pets and set free in the countryside. They are useful for <br>>
keeping feral pig populations in check, but we need more of
wrote:<br>><br>> > Chris, you are correct. She cannot have antivenom
ever again. So, Eva, <br>> > that<br>> > would be the only long-term
effect on her system. My Vet tried just <br>> > one CC<br>> > on a dog
that had antivenom before (in the case of another snake bite) <br>> >
and<br>> > the poor dog went into convulsions immediately. SO, I've got
to be <br>> > really<br>> > careful. I'll have to start doing snake
patrols. Also, I'm thinking of<br>> > moving from Beaufort, even though
I know there are poisonous snakes<br>> > everywhere. We in the hot humid
adding <br>> > golden<br>> > blonde to the pink-red worked and now it's
back to fiery copper,

From: Christopher P. Lindsey <lindsey@mallorn.com><br>> >> To:
<gardenchat@hort.net><br>> >> Date: 7/12/2005 8:28:15 AM<br>> >>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] I'm exhausted<br>> >><br>> >>> Thanks Eva. She seems
OK this morning although the swelling is still<br>> > there.<br>> >>>
Here neck area is the worst. It's like the fluid is stuck there. <br>>
>>> She's<br>> >>> breathing OK though and I just gave her more benadryl
so I'm going to<br>> > go to<br>> >>> work. I think she should be OK. My
Vet is convinced the antivenom <br>> >>> saved<br>> >>> her. I'm just
news! Thank goodness it was a species of snake <br>> >> that<br>> >>
doesn't have particularly powerful venom.<br>> >><br>> >> Is there a
limit on how often the antivenin can be administered? <br>> >>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com