Re: New Lowe's

Well, Jim
I can see why your want to know the origins of a plant before making the purchase.
Lots of new regulations coming down the pike... containers are being standardized by the industry I am told. Soon the inside size of the container will have to be give in two weights. Source of the plant and who grew it. I think.... I do not understand it all as of yet. How it will effect me as a catalog nursery and local sales.
you do know that much of a small nursery's power is in his source list. Takes years to build up that kind of knowledge. I do not want to have to list a source for every plant in my catalog. Couple of years reading my catalog and you could set up business without having to research or build your own experience. You know what I know for the most part.
May have to hire a consultant or attorney who knows the regs that are coming... sigh. All because someone filed a lawsuit for the container they purchased did not actually hold a gallon of dirt.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Hi, Gene. Well, I want to know who grew it as a matter of assigning responsibility. There are growers whose plants I would never buy again because of bad experience. It's like catalog buying at the local nursery. And I want to know where it was grown so I can decide if it needs a grace period in the lathhouse before facing my part of the Florida blast furnace. There are many big growers who are farther south than I am--I don't worry about their plants. But growers of some plants--citrus, for example--are mostly a zone or more north of me, so I worry about those plants a lot.