From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of kmrsy@netzero.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 7:54 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Just hot everywhere

Well, either way, I still think the choice of vehicle has to have
something to do with it too. That was a comparison of 2 of the same
vehicle - but what was it? An aerodynamically designed sedan or a boxy
SUV or a Miata?

Kitty

-- Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSR <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil> wrote:
If you have ever seen the TV show "Mythbusters", they did a segment trying
to prove this. They did two different tests - one used a mechanic's whatzit
(very technical terms, y'know) to measure engine efficiency and it came out
better with the A/C on. Then they actually measured gas into identical
vehicles and drove them around a track, identical speeds, and the one with
the windows down went quite a bit farther. However, I think the speed at
which they were measuring was pretty low for highway speeds, like 45 or 55
mph.

Cyndi