Re: Baptisa

Thanks, Lynda.  I'll look for it and give it a try.  We've tried
everything else in the book from human hair to rotten eggs
with hot pepper sauce, and all the commercial ones.  So
far almost anything will work for about two weeks, but then
they decide they like it and we have to go to something
else.  For the past couple of years I have just concentrated
on planting things they don't much like, and surrounding the
things they do like with things they don't eat.  I can do that
with some small things.  Daffodils protected my miniature
roses until the poppies came on.  Now that the poppies
are gone, I have planted rue (Ruta graveolens) and
Artemisia 'Powis Castle' around them.  So far, so good,
but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  They have tasted my
caladiums, which are supposed to be toxic, but they haven't
returned to them.  It's become a challenge to have a deer-
resistant garden.
Auralie

In a message dated 07/27/2005 4:39:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,