Re: URGENT: cost for individual medical insurance

Probably a lot more than you'll want to pay. Health insurance seems to put the lie to all that "market forces" nonsense we are continually bombarded with. May I suggest that you explore joining--or affiliating with--an existing consulting firm [having a client in tow is a definite plus] that has a group policy. It may involve kicking in a share of your retainer for access to group purchase.

Also, consider if you're a 34-year-old non-smoking male, how much health insurance you really need. When I was a self-employed writer-editor, I went about 30 years with no health insurance.