From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 11:11 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Money Tree...

Your source must be MoBot. There's a lot of confusion around this
plant. MoBot says it's a humongus tree that grows in [where? Amazon
basin? I forget] and nearly every one else says, no, it's this smallish
tree from Guyana or India [it's also called Malabar chestnut as well as
Guyana chestnut and French peanut] or some place else. It's all very
confused and muddled--but rest assured, the one sold as the "money
tree" is the smaller tree that produces the smaller fruits.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10