Re: Thunder

Auralie, whenever I've been very dry here for awhile and rain is on the
way, I attempt to water my beds a bit before it arrives, so the rain
will have a better chance of some of it soaking in rather than running
off. Much of the hard rain you described may run off anyway, but most
would surely run off if it hits dry, hard soil. Now that yours is
moistened, I hope you get some more. I think we have had plenty here for
awhile. Our temps dropped dramatically too after the storms arrived but
are starting to climb a little. Last night I hand-trimmed all my front
beds and mowed and barely broke a sweat at all. It was wonderful!

Kitty

-- Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
Had a violent thunder and wind storm yesterday afternoon about
6:00 PM.  Really scary.  Lasted about 20 minutes.  Rain came
down hard for part of that time, and the temperature dropped
from 93 degrees to 71 in the same period.  We are thankful
for small favors - every bit of rain helps but this was so hard
and lasted so short a time that it didn't help much.  When I
tried to dig in the garden this morning, the soil was not even
moist more than two inches down.  Hope yours amounts to
more than ours did.
Auralie

In a message dated 07/28/2005 1:34:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,