Re: quick recap

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] quick recap
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:41:34 -0600

Belleek is a fine Parian China made in Ireland since 1857.  Generally it is
translucent,  a cream color complimented with a barely yellowish color , and
sometimes a golden shade  inside.  Most of what i've seen available in the
states and in catalogs in recent years have been what I consider to be the
tackier lines with painted shamrocks and flowers on the pieces.  My
preference is for the Neptune and Serenity lines - clean and delicate.  It
used to be, to me,  somewhat expensive.  As kids in the 60s we would pool
our money, with help from my dad and buy our mom a small vase or salt boat
for $20-25.  Today, some of these pieces can be found on eBay for less - but
some for a lot more depending on the the date and other factors.
The official site is: