Echium russicum

Echium russicum is a zone 9-10 biennial (A-Z).  I purchased 2 from Green
Mountain in whose catalog it was listed as a perennial.  Later I found
reference saying annual.  Regardless, I just wanted to try an Echium and it
was cheap.  The flat was severely abused by UPS and the little Echiums
struggled, one died, one hung on to a scrawny 2 inch leaf.

I eventually potted that up to a quart and in recent weeks it has thrived
and now needs to be in a gallon or in the ground.  However with such a slow
start, I'm sure this one won't be flowering this year so I'm going to just
pot to a gallon and bring in this winter.  Has anyone had experience with
any Echiums?  Do you think just keeping it on my family room lightstand
would be sufficient from late September until next May?  Humidity in the
house is kept at roughly 40-50%, temps 60-68F.

Kitty
neIN, Z5